Search This Blog

3.17.2011

Happy St. Paddy's Day!

(above: celebrating this year at Geraghty's Pub)
  As if life in general & the fact that it's "almost" the weekend isn't reason enough to crack open a brew this evening--it's St. Patrick's Day too!  Which is definitely an obligatory day of drinking in my book.  I think I've even read somewhere that it's bad luck to pass up drinks on this fine holiday...and I certainly don't want that!  It's a funny day, when everyone appears to have some Irish heritage that they cling to whilst donning kelly green (which is a universally flattering color--in my opinion) & hopefully, paying homage to Guinness in some way.  It brings me back to my trip to Dublin with my husband, sister & brother-in-law.  All I can say is-- good times.  Very, very good times.  My not-so-nice older sister, decided to take some Amy Winehouse-esque shots of me at my best on our last night in Dublin.  That's just rotten & I'm not quite shameless enough to share those.  But I will offer up some of the pics from our visit to the Guinness factory where I got to taste some of the most delicious Guinness I have ever been privy to.  Today we should celebrate the smooth, rich taste of this famous stout.

     And I think we can all agree--Black is Beautiful.

    Just for kicks--here is Cici's festive socks & leggings!

1 comment:

  1. Super cute… love the oldie photos and shout out to "Black is Beautiful"

    ReplyDelete